During the auditions, a panel of judges (consisting of the producers of the show and professionals in the industry) will judge each 90 second performance based on: quality, variety, and appropriateness for the event (including space required, instrumentation required etc.)
Each performance will be judged on 4 aspects: Performance, Appearance, Stage Presence, and Personality.
Prepare two (2), 90 second performances - you may be asked to perform the back-up performance at the time of your audition
You can choose between two audition locations:May 24, 2015
At the Rosen Shingle Creek.
Address: 9939 Universal Blvd., Orlando, Florida 32819
Or...May 31, 2015
At Spring Meadows SDA
Address: 5783 N Ronald Reagan Blvd, Sanford, FL 32773
Specific ballroom and parking instructions TBA – this information will be emailed to you 1 week prior to the auditions.
The Central Florida’s Talent Showcase producers, reserve the right to require a “Call Back” after both audition dates are completed.
Dream Big, Inc. reserves the right to conduct additional auditions within the month of June 2015, if deemed necessary by the producers of the show.
We have limited amplification equipment (needed for bands), you will need to be prepared to bring your own equipment for auditions.
Vocalists should be prepared to sing a cappella.
Deadline is May 01, 2014!
Starts at 8:30am, with call times starting at 9am. If you miss your call time, you may still attempt to audition, however, there is no guarantee that you will be given another call time on either date.
If you are selected to be a finalist in Central Florida’s Talent Showcase, you must be prepared to attend the preliminary rehearsal on July 12, 2015 and a run-through rehearsal on August 23, 2015.
The final, production/technical rehearsal, on the day of the main event, may start as early as 1pm, on on September 5, 2015. Rehearsal will end in plenty of time for you to prepare for show time.
- Completed Forms -- see Forms Section for details
- Headshot (hard copy)
- Forms of ID Required
- Fill out the online Registration Form
- Pay audition registration donation/fee, online: starts at $30 and is non-refundable (audition registration donation is based on the number in your act/group)
- Email your resume highlighting your performance experience and training, once you submit your registration to CFGTAuditions@gmail.com
- Print and complete all additional paperwork under “Forms” (release forms etc.) – bring with them you to the audition completed
- Bring a copy of the biography/resume you emailed to us
- Bring a picture of yourself to the audition – headshot or at least clear face shot (no profile please)
- Check your email for your audition number and call time within 2 weeks prior to your chosen audition date
- Bring proof of legal US citizenship or permanent U.S. resident to the audition
- Bring two (2) forms of Legal Identification – driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, school ID
- Parents/Legal Guardians of, Minors performing, need to present birth certificate, passport, or state identification card for the minor
- If performer is a Minor – parent/legal guardian must bring in all the necessary paperwork required for a minor – see forms online
- If performer is a Minor -- a parent or court appointed legal guardian must be with the minor at all times during the audition process, be sure to be available on May 24th or May 31, 2015. Bring 2 types legal identification and/or proof of legal guardianship. If a minor performer is chosen to be in Central Florida’s Talent Showcase, a parent or legal guardian must be at the event on September 5, 2015
- Performers must be at least 10 years old
- Prepare two (2), 90 second performances -- you may be asked to perform the back-up performance at the time of your audition
- The audition venue will have a microphone, small stage, wooden floor, and carpeted areas
- You must bring any special equipment, other than a microphone, this special equipment must be approved, in writing, by May 5, 2015. Via email, list the special equipment you require for your act. You will be required to indicate what these “special” materials are before your registration will be accepted. It is recommended to do this prior to finalizing your audition payment. Email us at email@example.com
- Prepare your music on an iPod or CD and bring with you to the audition. Do not put your music on your phone, if it can be interrupted with text messages and phone calls.
- You may bring one person to the audition with you (no body under 10 years old can accompany the performer); your companion must be with you, at the time of your check-in
- The person accompanying you needs to also fill out the photo-video release form and bring on the primary audition date
- When you complete check-in, you will be given some type of identification – i.e. a bracelet or lanyard – do not remove it while waiting for your audition.
- Avoid clothing that has corporation logos, profanity, or brand names as video and pictures will be taken of you during auditions
** Check the forms section online 1 week prior to auditions for new and/or updated forms. This is your responsibility, you may not be emailed as a reminder.
** NO pyrotechnics, animals, weapons of any kind, drugs of any kind are allowed at the auditions or event.
** Dream Big is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your audition registration donation/donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law – consult your tax adviser. No goods or services were provided to you, in exchange for your generous monetary donation. Thank you for your generosity! Your tax deductible receipt will be emailed to you upon processing.
Dream Big has the total and unconditional discretion to disqualify any individual or group from auditions and the event for any reason or no reason – this may include, but is not limited to, breach of rules or procedures. Dream Big reserves the right to modify procedures and regulations at any time, as deemed fit by the Board.
You will be contacted, via email, with your audition number and call time. Email us with special requests or to inform us of special equipment or space needs prior to paying your audition registration donation, as your audition registration donation is non-refundable.
You may be asked for more information based on the type of performance you describe.
Email, questions not answered in FAQs, regarding auditions, to: CFGTAuditions@gmail.com.
***It is recommended that you come to the audition well hydrated and well nourished. There is no guarantee concessions will be nearby. You will be given a call time, so no excessive wait times are expected. To ensure your best performance, please bring your own water bottle and a snack. No alcohol of any kind allowed.
Here are the forms you can print and complete. You are expected to bring them with you to the auditions. It is highly recommended that you use the Audition Checklist to ensure that you come prepared. Please fax them to 407-332-8899 or mail them to: 140 Tonina Cove, Suite 100, Maitland, FL 32751, ATTN: Antonia Llull
These forms are in Acrobat PDF format. Click here to download the free PDF viewer.
Audition Checklist: Download
Affirmation and Release Form: Download
Photograph, Media and Video Release: Download
Venue: Rosen Shingle Creek
Date: September 5, 2015
6:00pm: Silent Auction and Raffle Begins
7pm - 8pm: Reception Begins and Silent Auction/Raffle Continues
8pm: Show Time!